Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

Assign calculated values per month between 2 dates

Hi,

I have created a sample QVW attached to this post with a simple table (as shown in below screenshot). I am trying to create a logic where I would have to divide the "Hrs" equally among the months between the Start & End Date (As shown in next screenshot). Anybody has an idea how I can do it at script level. 

Thank you.

Data in QVWData in QVWDesired CalculationDesired Calculation

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would probably do an left join intervalmatch against a table listing all possible months.
Then
Left join count(month), project
Resident Table
Group by project;

At last do a calculation where you divide the hours with the count.

(I hope you get something from this description, I'm typing on my mobile)

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

Yes ma'am

Try this

Left Join(Data)
Load Project,
	 %DATE_KEY,
	 If(MonthStart(Start, Floor(Only(MonthsDiff)/3)) > %DATE_KEY, Only(Hrs) * 0.60,
	 	If(MonthStart(Start, Floor(Only(MonthsDiff)/3)*2) > %DATE_KEY, Only(Hrs) * 0.25, Only(Hrs) * 0.15))/Floor(Only(MonthsDiff)/3) as Value
Resident Data
GROUP BY Project, %DATE_KEY, Start;

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

@divya_anand Don't see the qvw attached. Can you check and attach it again

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar ,

I've attached the file now.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

What du you mean by equally?
Imagine you have 150 hours to divide between the dates 31/3/2019 and 2/4/2019. How many hours would you like to see assigned to March 2019? Is it 50 or 75 hours?
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,
The start date & end date is always going to be 1st of the month as in the screenshots attached above. So, considering your example to be 3/1/2019 (M/D/YYYY) & 4/1/2019, we have 2 months between these start & end dates (inclusive). Hence, divide the Hrs (150) by 2 = 75. So, Mar will be assigned 75 & Apr =75.
Is this clear?
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Very clear, I assumed another date format D/M/YYYY which gave me 1 day in March and 2 days in April.
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So, any ideas?
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would probably do an left join intervalmatch against a table listing all possible months.
Then
Left join count(month), project
Resident Table
Group by project;

At last do a calculation where you divide the hours with the count.

(I hope you get something from this description, I'm typing on my mobile)
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This worked. Thank you very much.

I have another challenge, attaching the working QVW below.

Instead of assigning equally (Hrs/No of months), Is it possible to assign 60% hrs to 1st 33% months, 25% to next 33% months & remaining 15% hrs to the remaining 33% months?

For eg. 

Hrs=192;

Start Date: 6/1/2018;

End Date: 6/1/2019;

Hence No. of Months=13

13(No. of Months) divided by 3 (always a standard, 3 phases)= 4.33, floor(4.33)= 4

Hence 4 months in each phase.

Assign 60% of 192 (Hrs) = 115.2 to 1st 4 months (2018 Jun=115.2/4= 28.8, Jul=28.8, Aug=28.8, Sep=28.8)

25% of 192 = 48 to next 4 months (2018 Oct=48/4=12, Nov=12, Dec=12, 2019 Jan=12)

15% of 192 = 28.8 to last 4 months(2019 Feb= 28.8/4=7.2, Mar=7.2, Apr=7.2, May=7.2)

I am working on this, if an idea strikes your mind, please give me a hint. Thank you.

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar ,

Any idea on the above post?