Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oseimuduame
Creator II
Creator II

AutoReload Issues

Good Morning i am having issues with auto Reloading of my documents

i have the script below as a batch file and i use a schedular to trigger which is working but the problem is the reload is not affecting my Documents in any way, my documents still remain the same way it used to be

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "C:\Users\tayo\Documents\RetailAudacious.qvw"

Please any help.

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The data in the document doesn't change, or the LastModifiedTime of the QVW file stays the same?

oseimuduame
Creator II
Creator II
Author

the Data doesnt change. i am connected to my live database and when their is changes i need it to reflect on the document in qlikview but nothing is happening until i click the reload button inside the document

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's how QlikView works. The connection to the DB is only kept open while the script executes. The reload button triggers script execution, and at the end of the script, the data model will be update to reflect all data changes. If you now open your document, it will only show you what is stored in the data model, NOT what has been modified in the DB in the meantime. QlikView is not a DB live operator panel.

However, you can look into Direct Discovery which allows for a limited live connection to DB tables.

Peter

oseimuduame
Creator II
Creator II
Author

But by clicking on the Reload button its reloading and updating my document but the auto reload is not doing that.

let me explain better as at 9am my sales for the is 20000 but after i set my auto reload and went away it auto reloads but still 20000 but by the time i click the reload button it updated to 120000.

which is why i was curious.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

During your testing, do you keep your document open in QV Desktop, while in the background one or more AutoReloads are performed? In that case you should kniow that the AutoReload will update the document on disk, but will leave the document loaded in memory alone. You'll have to close and reopen the document to view the new rows.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want a feature like that (users viewing a document will automatically get a refresh when a reload has been performed in the background) you can switch to QlikView server which will perform a reload in the background and push the new data to all users that are currently viewing the document in their client.

avinashelite

For you info "In QV its  not real time data what we see, add a text box with the ReloadTime() ..your data will be according to this time only not the latest one" if you want the lasted you need to schedule it every 15mins or etc so that it reloads often and shows the latest data.