Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexmontiel29
Contributor
Contributor

Automatically allow macro system

Hi, first excuse my english please 🙂 !

I created a really simple qlik file but i had to use VBScript in a macro, which create file in windows environment.

So i changed the parameters at the left of the "Edit module" windows :

1. "Requested Module Security" to "System Access"

2 "Current local security" to "Allow System Access"

My macro work, but when i close and open the qlik, a window ask me if I want to desactivate the macro or allow them to acceed the system. I would know if it was possible to automatically allow that without an user action.

Thanks !

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alexmontiel29 Are you using QlikView or  Sense?  I would like to move this into the correct product forum. 

Sue Macaluso
alexmontiel29
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm using Qlikview 12

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alexandre, that information is stored i the Settings.ini file in the user profile path:

C:\Users\UserProfile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

There are three different tags under which things get stored depending upon which option is selected when opening the application the first time:

[Module Checksums Blocked]

[Module Checksums Safe]

[Module Checksums System]

There is a 'key' generated for each app that is unique to the app, but that key should be the same for all users, so if you find the key in your system, you could push the information to the Settings.ini files on the user machines etc.  Hopefully this helps.  Oh, if you by chance choose the wrong option when you are first prompted, you can use Ctrl-Shft-M to get the security dialog back to change the selection as well, just FYI.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
alexmontiel29
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Brett !

Thanks for your answer but that don't solve my problem. I wasn't very clear in the question but i try to do that to avoid 40+ persons (non informaticians) to configure that themselves. The qlik is on a server and each users "download" the file that concern them with their datas. So everybody use the file on their machine, with a different .ini file, so i'm lookin for the way to do that one time for every users, maybe it's not possible

I tried to check an option "Macro allowed to override security" in document parameters but that didn't worked.

Waiting, i made a doc to explain how to correctly launch the file but if we can avoid users see the macro's code, that would be perfect.

I apologize again for my really bad english and i hope that is comprehensible.

Thanks again

marcus_sommer

The macros run always in the context of the users and therefore you couldn't configure it on a global level - it's always a user-decision if macros are executed or not. The only way to solve it globally is to create an auto-start script in the OS which checked the settings.ini and manipulates them if necessary (it's similar to all the other IT admin stuff which run at the login of the users).

- Marcus