Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vibhapratha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Block selection in a sheet which is linked to another sheet's selection

Hi,

I have 2 sheets. - Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 and they have data loaded from same file.

Sheet 1 enables user to make the filters by selecting values from various List boxes.

Sheet 2 contains a Table box which corresponds to data based on the selections made in Sheet 1.

My aim is to export the data from Sheet 2 Table box.
I have done it successfully.

But if the user clicks any value in Table box in Sheet 2 (unknowingly), Qlick view treats it as selections and it affects the desired output. 

Is there a way to Lock all selections in Sheet 2 alone. 
I tried adding a button with Action>Lock all/Lock Fields . But it did not help me.
Adding Security>Read Only disables the Export button. So unable to use that method.

Hope someone can help me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vibhapratha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I used a Straight Table and I could make the table alone 'Read Only'.
No such option found for Table Box.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vibhapratha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I used a Straight Table and I could make the table alone 'Read Only'.
No such option found for Table Box.

marcus_sommer

In general both mentioned methods should work and you may take another trial. Another approach would be to use a table-chart instead of the table and to apply a set analysis like {1} or { < Dim1 = , Dim2 = >} to the dimensions/expressions.

A quite quick & dirty solution would be to lay a transparent textbox over the tablebox. But my suggestion is to display the set selections within a selection-box and/or to show them within the title of the tablebox per getcurrentselections() and not to prevent that the user could select any data.

- Marcus

vibhapratha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thankyou Marcus