Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bookmark doesn't work after implementing section access

Hi,

Do i need to set permit in terms of using bookmarks in the section access? I can see the bookmark in the drop down meny but when i klick it nothing happends. i also have a button i order to activate the bookmark but when pressing that nothing happens either.

any ideas?

Thanks,

A.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Most likely, if you use data reduction, the values that your bookmark selects, do not exist in the data because of data reduction.

Less common - if you use OMIT, the field in which you select may be removed as well by section access.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah. it must be the first thing. Is there a way to work around it? Different users will have more or less of a bookmark.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure what can be done - and what the expectation should be.  For example, you have a field "color" with values 'red', 'green', and 'blue'.  Bookmark is expected to select color='red'.  Now, a particular user can see only color 'blue' - what the bookmark can do?  It tries to select 'red', which doesn't exist for this user.

In my opinion, "bookmark doesn't" work is the correct and expected behavior in this case (?).

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That i get.

But in my case the bookmark is blue AND red, so when the user access the application the only color he/she will se is blue although the bookmark wants to shows more.

Tricky. thanks anyway! i have to think of another work around i guess.