Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Bookmarks - What does 'Include Input Field Values' do?

I was having an issue where variable values weren't being stored in bookmarks.  My first thought was to set 'Include Input Field Values' when creating the bookmark.  This did not save the variable values with the bookmark, instead, in the document properties under the variables the checkbox on each variable for 'Include In Bookmark' did the trick.  After finding this, I've started doing research, and can't figure out what the 'Include Input Field Values' does.  It doesn't seem to do anything, the documentation says it will save input object field values in a bookmark, but this does not seem to be true.  Thank you for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You may be confusing input boxes with input fields. An input field can be used to interactively change values in a table when that field was defined as an input field in the load script. If the bookmark includes the Input Field Values then values that were input are remembered instead of keeping the most recent values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You may be confusing input boxes with input fields. An input field can be used to interactively change values in a table when that field was defined as an input field in the load script. If the bookmark includes the Input Field Values then values that were input are remembered instead of keeping the most recent values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Bingo and Bingo.  Thank you, I was wondering why input boxes needed to be on the report, when in fact, it is input fields that the values get saved for.