Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Athira_K
Contributor III
Contributor III

Break a condition

Hello,
I take data from excel which has a column named 'A' which is boolean(has 0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1......)
and 'Fail,Start,Stop' column with some integers

Athira_K_0-1644496906413.png

Now,I want to calculate the sum of integers, till the first boolean true value(1st true should be included) as shown in the image
How can I implement this in qlikview?

Note:I tried using
i.Sum which gives the total sum of all rows
ii.Tried using Valueloop but break is not there

Thank you

3 Replies
pooja_prabhu_n
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

You can try using Rangesum

=if(Below(A)=1,RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum( B),0,RowNo(TOTAL))))

Athira_K
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It was not working as expected
Thank you for helping out

marcus_sommer

I don't think that it could with these information be calculated within the UI because you would at least need another information which true-record is the first one. This might be done within the script with recno(). But even with this it won't be easy to calculate it. Further I assume that your real case is more complex and that there are far more records and other fields associated.

Therefore I think it would be better to calculate it within the script respectively to flag the records appropriate. The last means to create a new boolean field - with interrecord-functions within an ordered resident-load. This may look like:

load
Key,
if(Key <> previous(Key), 1, if(A = 1 and peek('C') = 1, 0, if(A = 0 and peek('C') = 1, 1, 0))) as C
resident Source order by Key, RecNoSource;

The aim of it to flag all starting 0 records + the first 1 record with 1 and the other with 0 and this new flag-field could be then used as set analysis condition or you just multiply your sum(B) * C. The check-logic with the interrecord-functions may need some adjustment to match your requirements and you need also ensure that the records are loaded within the wanted order.

- Marcus