Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Building a search criteria to filter the numbers

Hi,

Is it possible to build number filters in Qlikview charts like in Excel?

Example, building a search criteria for the report users with which they can retrive Values which are '>1000' or '=1000''.??

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

yes you can use a "input data" object which set a variable

Then use the $(variable) to display or not the values like

if(sum(value) > $(variable), sum(value)

best regards

chris

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the response Chris,

We are enabling search on more than 20 measures on Chart, and Users want to have someway of conditional filetring on all those numbers, not out side the Chart

Not applicable
Author

Hey Kapana,

Yes it can be done from within the chart itself. For example in a straight table > properties > presentation>

For dimensions > Dropdown select

For expressions > Searchable

Then you can use your filter criteria(like =1000 or <1000) in those search boxes that appear right next to the label

Attached is an example.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ajay,

thanks for ur time..

Yes! We made all the measures searchable.., but the search criteria <1000 or >1000 does not seem to be working..

Can u pls tell me wht exactly is the serach criteria ? is there any documentation on that?

because, it seems to be working sometimes for simple examples ..but returns wrong results when applied on big datasets..

for eaxmple when I serach for >1, it brings back -ve numbers as well...

Not applicable
Author

Kalpana,

• Search feature works as expected only for single dimensional tables. It doesn't return wrong results, but all the possible dimension combinations. Please go through this as to why

Searchable expression not giving correct result

• You will have to remove * * while searching
  • =1000 doesn't seem to work in the example I attached. So work around is >=1000<=1000

Thanks

AJ