Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button - Action - Open URL - Preferred Client Setting Impact

I'm calling one QVW from another QVW using a button action of "Open URL".   In the Open URL I'm NOT using the parameter &client=Plugin' .

Here's the issue.

Preferred Client Setting     Result                                  

Internet Explorer Plugin         The QVW specified in the Open URL opens, but it starts into an endless loop of "Lost

Connection to Server" messages.   It keeps recyling until I click the "Cancel" button to end.

Full Browser Version             The QVW specified in the Open URL opens as expected.

For now, I've instructed the users to use the "Full Browser Version" as their Preferred Client, but there are users that want to use the "Internet Explorer Plugin" as their Preferred Client.   Is there a way to retrieve which Preferred Client a user is using?  If I can store that value then I can create a if statement that can include/exclude the paramater for &client=Plugin' based on the value stored in the Open URL code. 

What's the best method to resolve this issue?  We are currently on 11.20 SR5

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There's a function called clientplatform() that returns this, and should return an empty string for QV Desktop and IE Plugin...that's a strange problem though. I typically don't specify the QVW as a URL. Try setting the button to External >> Open QlikView Document instead. Then just specify the relative mount path.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There's a function called clientplatform() that returns this, and should return an empty string for QV Desktop and IE Plugin...that's a strange problem though. I typically don't specify the QVW as a URL. Try setting the button to External >> Open QlikView Document instead. Then just specify the relative mount path.

Regards,

Vlad