Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwarren1
Partner - Contributor III

Button Selection Not Showing Up In Current Selection Object

Hello,

I have a list box selection and a different button object selection showing up successfully as selections in the "Current Selection" Object, however I have a different Button Object (AvgLoS) not showing up in the current selections, and I don't know why.

Button Object Selection Not Showing Up In Current Selections.PNG

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you share your sample qvw?

rubenmarin

Hi Kevin, the Current Selections shows fields and the values selected.

When you click the button, if it really selects a value in drg_los field, it will be shown in Current selections, if it's not shown it can be because:

- The field doesn't exists

- The value doesn't exists or can't be selected

- The field is a hidden field. The variable HidePrefix and HideSuffix set the pattern of the hidden fields, this fields won't be shown in Current Selections, check the script for HidePrefix, maybe you have a line with "SET HidePrefix = 'drg_';"

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the selections you had at the time you selected the "drg_los" field, was there the "AvgLos" item available to select?

kwarren1
Author

Ruben,

Thank you for for your response and help learning. You are on to something.

The field exists in my data model, but the string of text or value I was trying to refer to did not exist within the drg_los field. I changed the search string to search for a known value, but I am still not getting the current selection to appear in the Current Selections box. Can those values not be selected in this search string?

I checked the script and variable overview and confirmed there was no variable hiding or preventing.

Button Object 2.PNGButton Object 3.PNG

sunny_talwar

Are you using Alternate states by any chance?

avinashelite

To make it simple ..try like this add a list box for the drg_los field and on the button click check whether the listbox is getting selected or not . If you see any selection then you need to get the same in the current selection also ..if your not able to see any value selected in the list box then their is some issue with the selection trigger your writing .

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Sorry if that was only for the example but did you try without parentheses and quotes if you are not using expressions in the "Search String"?

Because it seems that the button is not actually selecting, regardless whether or not is shows in the current selections object, if the data does not change, right?

Any document, sheet, field or variable trigger which is not allowing to perform that selection or, as soon as you click it, it selects something else? Is there a listbox somewhere in your app with "Always One Selected Value"?

rubenmarin

Hi Kevin, the answers from Sunny, Avinash and Miguel are good things to check.

You can try adding a list box of the drg_los field and try to manually select the value, this way you can check that there is no other field or configuration preventing to select the value.

If manually works try setting the action value as 19 (without parenthesys or quotes).