Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

CAL-Problems with documents/users

Hello,
we have a problem with the associated CAL licenses to one of our qlikview reports.
After creating some new users and logging in to the Access Point the following error message appears:

1.jpg

We found the following solution using the qlikview community:

2.JPG.jpg

But the solution doesn't work because we don't have those tabs in our management center:

3.JPG.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Do we need another cal license or is it just a server issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Doc CALs can be assigned to a user/document combination only if:

1. Your server license contains DOC Cals
  2. There are un-allocated (<>unassigned) Doc CALs left.

In QMC, go to System->Licenses->QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses (CALs) and check how many of each CAL type you've got and how many are in use.

The Document CAL tab will appear only if Doc CALs have been allocated already for this document, or no Doc CALs have been allocated for this document but your budget has still un-allocated Doc CALs left.

If you don't see a number > 0 after "Document CALS:" in that QMC screen then you either have to buy some, or you need to assign Named User CALs to your new AP users.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Doc CALs can be assigned to a user/document combination only if:

1. Your server license contains DOC Cals
  2. There are un-allocated (<>unassigned) Doc CALs left.

In QMC, go to System->Licenses->QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses (CALs) and check how many of each CAL type you've got and how many are in use.

The Document CAL tab will appear only if Doc CALs have been allocated already for this document, or no Doc CALs have been allocated for this document but your budget has still un-allocated Doc CALs left.

If you don't see a number > 0 after "Document CALS:" in that QMC screen then you either have to buy some, or you need to assign Named User CALs to your new AP users.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

thank you !

You solved our problem with your suggestion. As I´m new to Qlikview I wasn´t aware that this would lead to license problems. I sorted the users I wanted to add to groups and so I can use less licenses.

Regards,

Manuel

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Mark an answer as correct. The blue balloon will turn green ("answer to be found here!") so that other forum visitors will know that something got resolved to your satisfaction in this thread.

Thanx,

Peter