Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculate % of Total Expression

I have a straight table, with Customer dimension and Sum(Sales) as expression.

I want another Expression that should show me that Customer sales as a % of Total Sales. I am unable to figure out how to do that. Any help is appreciated.

CustomerSales% Sales
A1010%
B2020%
C3030%
D4040%
Total100

Thanks,
Sagar

10 Replies
kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Sagar,

I'm not quite sure I'm following what you would like to do, but I have made some assumptions and a possible solution for you could be to :

• Create a field for your sales in the load script (i.e. Region based or whatever your source looks like)
    • In the attached example I called it Negative_Sales
    • When you use the Total keyword now, it is only the total of the total you are after
  • Then on the front end I changed the expression to be the one created in the load script
  • I also put in a logic field, that tests whether it is larger than or equal to the variable connected to the slider
    • In this example just toggles between Yes and No, depending on the slider, but in real world, an option could be to show a dimension based on the selection and then choosing suppress when nulll

Hope this helps.