Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating MTD values

I need to calculate MTD sales. I think am having trouble in date formats. e.g. when I put =sum({$<Monthnum= {'8'}, Y = {'2012'}>} sales) as expression it gives me MTD sales but when i try to make it dynamic by doing =sum({$<Monthnum= {'month(today())'}, Y = {'year(Today())'}>} sales), it gives me 0. Monthnum contains numbers 1 to 12 and Y is 2010, 2011,...2013. I am new to qlikview, I am open to any other method to calculate MTD. Also, let me know if you need more information.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

=Sum({<Monthnum = {$(Month(today())*1)},Y = {$(Year(Today()))}>}Sales)

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

=Sum({<Monthnum = {$(Month(today())*1)},Y = {$(Year(Today()))}>}Sales)

Hope it helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Mayil. It still returns zero.

MayilVahanan

Hi

=Sum({<Monthnum = {$(=Month(today())*1)},Y = {$(=Year(Today()))}>}Sales)

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

This worked. How to learn this tricks? Is there any material out there? Also, now as I wanted to do QTD I think its better to use conditions on date rather then month or year. So i tried

=Sum({<Date = {$(>=MonthStart(today()))},Date = {$(<=Today())}>}Sales)

This gives me 0 again. Do you see any changes that i need to make for it to work?

Thanks a lot for your response.

Not applicable
Author

See attached. It may help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Samarth,

You could add a variable for the Quarter to date - ie. let vQToDate = Ceil(Month(DATE(today()))/3);

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Beanz. How do i use that variable to get total sales QTD?