Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator

Calculating Time Duration

Hi,

I have a database which has a sequence of events for different operatives and I need to calculate how they are spending their time. So for example, I would have a sequence

08:00     Log in

08:10     Answer Call

08:20     Call End

08:20     Start Break

08:40     Answer Call   

09:00     Call End

So I need to see how long in that hour was spent on each activity (e.g 10 minutes idol time, 30 minutes on calls, 20 minutes break)

Because there is no "Start Time" and "End Time" for each activity, I'm struggling to do calculate this. I thought about using the peek function but it's not something I have used so much before and I didnt know how this would work when there are multiple operatives

See the attached for a very simple example, hopefully you guys can help me

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can do it like in attached sample.

I've created additional records for start and end work time per Operative, alternatively, you can calculate the idle time in a chart expression only if the start and end work times are identical for all Operatives. Both alternatives shown in the sample.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can do it like in attached sample.

I've created additional records for start and end work time per Operative, alternatively, you can calculate the idle time in a chart expression only if the start and end work times are identical for all Operatives. Both alternatives shown in the sample.

Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator
Author

Many thanks, that's a great solution.