Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating a Score and Representing the Numbers

Hello Community,

Currently I am trying calculate what is known as the Customer Satisfaction score through Qlikview. This score is based off a scale of 0-10, 0-6 being detractors, 7-8 being passives and 9-10 being promoters. You take the overall percentage of the detractors and promoters and you subtract the detractors from the promoters.

Customer Satisfaction Score = % of Promoters - % of Detractors

(9-10)                (0-6)

I am trying to generate these data points on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. All of the scores are already inside of Qlikview, I believe I have to come up with a query or bar chart that will correctly generate these numbers. Any idea on how to accomplish this? As always thanks for the help guys.

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Do you have the types calculated in the data (  Detractor,Passive, Promoter)  ?  Or do you just have the score 0-10 ?

In a stand alone text box you could create an expression like:

Count (   {$<Type={Detractor}>}    PersonID )

/

Count (  Person ID )

In this example.   Type is a data field that stores detractor, passive or promoter and PersonID is an indentifier of the individual.  The above calculation would give you the ratio of detractors.  You could also have this to get the score.

Count (   {$<Type={Promoter}>}    PersonID )    - Count (   {$<Type={Detractor}>}    PersonID )  )

/

Count (  Person ID )

If you just have the score, considering using IF statements in the load script to calculate the types, OR use somethin glike this off the scores

Count (   {$<Score={">=9<=10"}>}    PersonID )    - Count (   {$<Score={">=0<=6"}>}    PersonID )  )

/

Count (  Person ID )

The actual solution will depend on your data .

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Do you have the types calculated in the data (  Detractor,Passive, Promoter)  ?  Or do you just have the score 0-10 ?

In a stand alone text box you could create an expression like:

Count (   {$<Type={Detractor}>}    PersonID )

/

Count (  Person ID )

In this example.   Type is a data field that stores detractor, passive or promoter and PersonID is an indentifier of the individual.  The above calculation would give you the ratio of detractors.  You could also have this to get the score.

Count (   {$<Type={Promoter}>}    PersonID )    - Count (   {$<Type={Detractor}>}    PersonID )  )

/

Count (  Person ID )

If you just have the score, considering using IF statements in the load script to calculate the types, OR use somethin glike this off the scores

Count (   {$<Score={">=9<=10"}>}    PersonID )    - Count (   {$<Score={">=0<=6"}>}    PersonID )  )

/

Count (  Person ID )

The actual solution will depend on your data .

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jonathan,

To answer your first question I just have the score represented as 0-10 value. I do not have them represented as detractor, passive, and promoter.

Also since I want to retrieve the score based off a specific date, would the PersonID represent the date I want to retrieve the data from?

Thank you for the help

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The expressions above would dynamically calculate based off the date selections in your application. If you have a date field loaded in your application, by default it would cover all dates.

but if the calculation is meaningless unless you filter the records to just one date, i suggest adding the date field as a list box, selecting one of the values, then go to the properties of the list box and enable the checkbox 'always one selected value'.

Then the users will always have to have 1 date selected. They can select other dates but won't be able to clear or select multiple. In this model, the net promoter score will alway calculate in the required context.

Not applicable
Author

Okay gotcha!

Also if I had a source label for each score, for example original or duplicate and I wanted to remove all the duplicate values from my score how would I got about doing that?

Thank you Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Figured it out Jonathan. I just added the source as a field on my sheet and selected original. Thank you for the help! It solved my issues!