Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating off Concatenated table

Hi,

I have the need to create calculations off of different fields on a table that has been built by concatenating many tables into one.  I mainly did this because I needed the date fields to be able to be filtered off the entire document.

If you see the below images there are two tables.  The top one is a straight able that shows some calculated values (expressions in the header) and the second image is just a table box.  Can someone help me understand why the Table box shows the correct value but if I put a Sum in front of the value it gives me a number that doesn't make any sense.

Straight Table with Sums

Table Box

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

the numbers in the straight table are inflated 26400 times  ( 660,000/25 = 26400 etc...)

Is that the number of records in the concatenated table ?

Once you have the full concatenated table, it can be helpful to load dimensions with a centralized fact table from that main table to create a star schema (and drop the original concat table).  It can prevent extra counting of records.

Thats only a guess, a look at your QVW would help too.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

the numbers in the straight table are inflated 26400 times  ( 660,000/25 = 26400 etc...)

Is that the number of records in the concatenated table ?

Once you have the full concatenated table, it can be helpful to load dimensions with a centralized fact table from that main table to create a star schema (and drop the original concat table).  It can prevent extra counting of records.

Thats only a guess, a look at your QVW would help too.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  Off of your comment I think I figured it out.  For whatever reason it took the numbers and repopulated them into other fields where it shouldn't have.  I will give your suggestion a try and see if I can't make sense of this.  Thanks for the help.