Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculation dimension needed

Hi all,

I had a scenario  like i have sales fact table and purchases fact table and one dimension table model master,

my requirement is in one report i am showing model wise sales and purchases things in pivot table, but in data modelling i don't have a relation for purchases and sales, and also model master dimension table i created duplicate for purchases table.So for sales fact table one modelmaster table i have and purchases fact table one modelmaster table, now i want is i need a calculated dimension which is having both sales model field and purchases model field as one dimension in report.

Thanks in advance for all!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I doubt it, but if you're sure you will then you won't be able to solve your problem. You cannot create a calculated dimension from two unrelated fields.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

we do have option of adding calculated dimension in straight and pivot table as well. If you are looking for adding simple calculated dimension then u can go with this else u can share ur sample data so we can get more idea about ur modeling part.

Thanks,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't create a new calculated dimension by combining two unrelated dimensions. You will have to remodel your data in the script. I suggest creating a combined fact table that contains both the sales and the purchases.

Not applicable
Author

What you told is nice idea, But i have tables, but i  have 4 relations fact tables for sales part and  six relational fact tables for purchases part, if i do concatenating of them will get a chance of in consisting results and also circular loops.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, if you concatenate all the fact tables you will have only one fact table and no chance of inconsistent results and circular loops.

Not applicable
Author

i will completely explain my data model

SALES:

BILLMASTER--> BILLDETAILS--        <modelmaster,branchmaster

--->

Purchases:

Purchases--> purchasesdetails-->...

-

Purchasesreturns-->purchasereturndetails-            ->modelmaster,Branchmaster

if do concatenate all this fact tables i may get data consistency issues ,,,,,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I doubt it, but if you're sure you will then you won't be able to solve your problem. You cannot create a calculated dimension from two unrelated fields.