Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculation on Totals row values help please....

I have a straight table.

A dimension column with Invoice $ values, another expression column calculating the Invoice $ value * a Days to payment expression.

Which basically gives me a weighted value of those $ invoiced.

I can throw up a Total row... giving me the TOTAL of the Invoice $, and the TOTAL of the $ Weighting.

What I'm trying to achieve in the end... is to have a value of the TOTAL of the $ Weighting / TOTAL of the Invoice Amount.

I can run this in an expression on a row by basis.. .which is basically just that rows "Days to payment" value... but I want to see the Overall DPO based on the TOTAL of those columns....

Not sure how to accomplish this... any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screen shot of straight table attached.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It makes sense to calculate it out of the chart.  For example in a text box, or better in the chart's window title.

Not applicable
Author

I’m unfortunately pretty novice and haven’t done either those options.

Not applicable
Author

I guess what I'm trying to determine...is how in the TEXT Object can I specify that I want to divide the Total value of the Invoice $ Weighting expression's column, by the Total value of the Check Amount column.

Those values in the chart are dynamic, and really fields that I can grab into the Text Object.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rick,

It can be a text object with a text that starts with the "=" sign, for example, for average size of sales it would be

=sum(Sales)/count(Sales)

and, to format in a way you want, you can use a formatting function, e.g.:

=num(sum(Sales)/count(Sales),'#,##0.00')

In you case, I assume it will be

=<expression for Total value>/<expression for Invoice $ Weighting>

Hope this helps...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much...

After quite a bit of toying around with your suggestions as a base... ended up coming up with this... that succeeded in returning the correct value.

='Weighted DPO:'&NUM(SUM(((aggr(avg(num([Check Date])-num([Invoice Date])),[KEY_CompanyInvoiceNumberVendorNum]))*[Invoice $]))/(Sum([Check Amount])),'#,##0')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yep, you got the idea

One more hint - if you want to have the number on the new line, add chr(10) or chr(13). It will be

='Weighted DPO:'&chr(10)& NUM(SUM...