Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I add a line/arrow object to a report?

I've been trying to drag and drop a line/arrow object from a sheet into the report editor but can't get it to work.  Is it possible?

Thanks

Greg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Strange. Never tried to add a line to report editor before but it doesn't seem to work as you said. You could always add it as a new text item as a workaround. Not a great solution I know. Would be interesting to know if this is a bug.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Greg,

do you mean "Report Editor" within qlikview? or you're creating your Report with N-Printing?

beck

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Might be we can add line / Arrow for report. But, should need to maintain some space for that

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Report Editor within Qlikview

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Strange. Never tried to add a line to report editor before but it doesn't seem to work as you said. You could always add it as a new text item as a workaround. Not a great solution I know. Would be interesting to know if this is a bug.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Greg,

it is not possible, but if you create the textobject and within og textobject you use the Image as arrow or line, it does work, try to do this way of proceeding

beck

marcus_sommer

Yes, this is possible - by some forms I use then myself. Maybe your line/arrow is covered from another report-object and you might need to adjust the Z-level within the element-properties in tab position.

Edit: I must correct my statement - my lines are textboxes with images.

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Might be, Within Qlikview Not possible

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good to know you think this might be possible Marcus.  But my line object is not covered by another report object.  It wont let me drag it into the report (the no entry icon appears when I attempt this).  How do I adjust the Z-level and what do you mean by 'element properties in tab position'.

Thanks

Greg

marcus_sommer

I meant this:

But it won't help you in your case because I made a mistake with my statement and after a look on my lines I rememberred that I use images for them as background within a textbox.

- Marcus