Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotthan
Partner - Contributor III

Can I copy a report from one qvw to another?

Hi,

I made a long report in a Qlikview doc I am wondering if it is possible to copy and paste that report into another qvw?  The other qvw is an older version of the same file, so the report would still work.  What is the best way to do this?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Yes you can but... You need to make sure you have the same objects (with the same names) in both files. Then go to Reports > Edit Reports > Reports > export  (this will dump an xml file which you can manual edit if you want) and then in your new file repeate with the sames steps followed by Inport.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

You've really answered your own question. You can copy and paste the report into your new qvw by rubber banding around your objects and copying and pasting. If you wanted to copy your objects to a new sheet (within the same qvw), you can hold ctrl + drag to the next sheet.

The version difference may cause some kind of issue, are you able to open both files as they are?

A lot of the time the old file will become dormant and un-openable in newer versions of QliKView. If you can open both I don't think you'll have any problems.

scotthan
Author

In case it wasn't clear I was referring to an actual report, like one you can distribute in publisher via PDF.  As I think about it though, there would be no way to copy a report from one qvw to another because the report is based on objects that would have object IDs specific to the original QVW.  Therefore similar to what you describe I believe the answer would be to just copy the objects from the new qvw to the old qvw and then re-make the report.

Not applicable

Yes you can but... You need to make sure you have the same objects (with the same names) in both files. Then go to Reports > Edit Reports > Reports > export  (this will dump an xml file which you can manual edit if you want) and then in your new file repeate with the sames steps followed by Inport.

Not applicable

From same names , do you mean the same Object ID?

I tried changing the object ID in the target document the same as in source document,  but that ID in target document turned out to be for another object.