Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvilmain1234
Contributor
Contributor

Can I update a SQL Server database table using a Qlikview .qvw?

We've been asked to research how we can have users of our Qlikview .qvw update our SQL Server database from within their Qlikview document.  I see some mention of this, but I was hoping to see an actual example.  Does anyone have an example of this working?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
parthesh
Creator
Creator

We was having same need for oracle database, we have to give some permission in ODBC Connection string and than we can call DB function from QVW script in which we can pass parameter.

so we have created Insert function in DB and we passed value in Function parameter and those value we have inserted in table.

i dont have code handy , but let check if i will get code i will post it also.

hope this will help.

Regards,
Parthesh.
dvilmain1234
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the update.  I'd love to see the code for this.   When does the insert/update take place?  

parthesh
Creator
Creator

Insert operation was handled at DB level only. we was inserting data into our custom table.
let me check for code ... give me 1-2 hours.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @dvilmain1234,

Just wanted to provide an FYI regarding database "writebacks" from QlikView. While it may be possible to configure this type of functionality successfully, it isn't part of the core functionality of the product and isn't supported by Qlik Support. Thanks.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
parthesh
Creator
Creator

Hello,

you can write 

Insert_budget:

SQL

{?=call schema.fucntion_name()};

or 

you can directly fire insert into statement on your table 

SQL insert into your_table_name values $(vInsertValue);

where vInsertValue is a variable, that will contain all columns same as we are normally do in insert into.