Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can a user be asigned more than once(more than 1 document cals) on same Document?

Hi Everyone,

I have alloted 5 Document cals on dofument1.qvw.

I have checked dynamically assign cals option.

User 1, User2, User3 access document1 via access point. So now 3 document cals are assigned to these users.

Now, it has not been 24 hrs since User3 has last logged in so when I try to remove this user, it gets quarantine.

My question is - Will User3 be able to access Document1.qvw via access point since 2 more document cals are free(keeping in mind that User3 is already Quarantine)??

6 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

To my knowledge, when User3 tries to open the document again, the quarantine will be canceled and he will continue using the assigned Doc CAL.

To no longer give him access, you should no longer authorize him/her for this document.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Just tested it...

User3 cannot access document1 since he is already quarantined. Quarantine is not cancelled, it remains the same

hemhund2016
Creator
Creator

Hi ,

Yes. If the User3 tries to access the document again, the user will still get access to document as there are 2 more free calls which can be dynamically assigned.

Thanks,

Hemanth.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Interesting. I guess I learned something on my Sunday evening.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Strange, because in my experience, that should have happened to User3: going out of quarantine whenever he/she forgets to keep out of Document1. Has this been changed somewhere along the release path, or am I getting old?

(I already know the answer to the last question...)

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Right....

Let's see if I can find a test environment this week.

Now I want to see it myself what happens in this case.