Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't find the full record creation dates, just the month/year

Hi all,

The following is going to be a little out there, but since I'm desperate I have nothing to lose:

I have a pretty extensive QV model, most of the data is leads, accounts and opportunities records from Salesforce.

We have a "status" table in our model that allows us to present the model by, for example, account created date, lead created date, etc.

For example, an account from salesforce would have an account created date and a lead created date (since an account is created from a converted lead). So if I just put a table box with account IDs and names, each would appear twice (two separate rows). If I choose for example just the "account created date" in the status table, each would appear only once, as I segmented the model to have this view.

Thing is, when I want to present the account created date and lead created date as fields in table boxes, they are nowhere to be found. There are derivatives of them (account create month, account create month/year, etc...).

Isn't that strange? How can I add these fields and present them in a table box?

(and I'm over simplifying here... actually I have some other date fields that appear both in the status table and are available as fields in a table box...)

Hope anyone here can help... or at least suggest something that would get me closer.

Thanks in advance!

(I'm afraid I can't share my model due to sensitivity of data.)

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

It's likely that the derived fields are created in your load script or where read directly from the source system. Looking here will also explain what became of the original fields and if they were loaded at all.

You can share the model structure (press CTRL-T and paste the diagram) or your load script without exposing any client data. You can also create a sample (make a selection and then File | Reduce Data) and scramble the sensitive data (Document Properties | Scrambling). You can upload any of these by clicking "Use advanced editor" above and uploading from there.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The reduce data function "threatens" it will remove data permanently. That's scary!

Re. the structure - it's funny but I can't seem to find the status table!  And when I click on the "account created year" field for example - the only table highlighted is the accounts table.