Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can´t resize pivot table

Hi

I´m tying to achieve the same results as Barry Harmsen from this webpage Building a nicer, dynamic QlikView multibox The Qlik Fix!‌ for a pivot table as I think it is quite awsome. The problem I had is that I can´t resize the dimensions in order to transform the pivot table into a vertical shape; though i already achieved the horizontal pivot table.

Thank you

Erick

Qlikview version: 12.2.20200.0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Dragging dimensions in a pivot table might be a bit difficult.

I am trying to describe this a bit more detailed:

0) Open my sampe QVW

1) deselect 'suppress zero values' in presentation tab

2) left click on the 1 in the upper left cell area and keep button pressed

2016-06-16 17_27_54-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table (1).qvw_].png

Then drag the column with the mouse to the most left border as shown below, notice the blue arrow is most left

2016-06-16 17_29_44-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table (1).qvw_].png

Now release the left mouse button:

2016-06-16 17_30_17-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table (1).qvw_].png

Same way for the other dimensions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you upload a small sample QVW that shows your current status?

Uploading a Sample

Not applicable
Author

Of course!

Thank You,

Erick

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you looking to pivot your table to this?

2016-06-15 20_09_26-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table.qvw].png

edit:

If you do, then disable 'suppress zero values' on presentation tab, then drag the columns / rows by clicking on the dimensional value and dragging with the mouse around.

2016-06-15 20_13_37-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table.qvw_].png

Not applicable
Author

Yes, how did you achieve that result?

Edit: The problem is that I can only change the dimensions from left to right and not to up and down, by default the dimensions appear for me as the image shows.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you seen my edited comment above?

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I already disabled 'supress zero values' and tried to drag the dimensions with the mouse but it was just possible to move them from left to right in the vertical pivot table. I wasn't able to arrange the dimensions into a horizontal pivot table and move them from top to bottom.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Dragging dimensions in a pivot table might be a bit difficult.

I am trying to describe this a bit more detailed:

0) Open my sampe QVW

1) deselect 'suppress zero values' in presentation tab

2) left click on the 1 in the upper left cell area and keep button pressed

2016-06-16 17_27_54-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table (1).qvw_].png

Then drag the column with the mouse to the most left border as shown below, notice the blue arrow is most left

2016-06-16 17_29_44-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table (1).qvw_].png

Now release the left mouse button:

2016-06-16 17_30_17-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Pivot Table (1).qvw_].png

Same way for the other dimensions.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, sincerely I couldn't transform the vertical into horizontal but I could do the horizontal to vertical change in your .qvw. It is funny and I don't know why that happens, thank you for all the help and I think I will use your pivot table.

Erick