Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc-Antoine
Contributor
Contributor

Cant Create or edit a field in Data manager

Hi, 

I can no longer create or edit a custom field in one of my apps (even if I try to duplicate it). 
When I try it, the tab is empty (screenshot in attachments).

At the moment, I can get around this issue by editing the script but I would like to fix this as fast as possible.

Thanks !

Marc-Antoine

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I assume that you are referring to Qlik Sense since QlikView doesn't have a Data Manager. If you are trying to use Data Manager and it has nothing to show that means that you (or someone) has broken the lock on it. 

If breaking the lock was unintentional you can get it back. Notice in the script below I have many tables and broke the lock, but did not actually do any other editing. 

Dalton_Ruer_0-1620237692510.png

If I go to the Data Manager page it shows me NO tables, but notice it shows me "Run Load Script" at the bottom of the Window. 

Dalton_Ruer_1-1620237731494.png

If I do that, it will retrieve the tables and then notice at the bottom it will give me a button that allows me to "Synchronize scripted tables."

Dalton_Ruer_2-1620237794954.png

If I press that, it will rebuild my model for me. 

Dalton_Ruer_3-1620237894478.png

Note ... that it works that way by loading the "unlocked" script and then loading data from those tables to synch things back. So you CANNOT delete the unlocked version of your script or you will break everything. 

Dalton_Ruer_4-1620238861321.png

After that you are free to resume adding fields, splitting fields in the Wizard again. 

Dalton_Ruer_5-1620238986735.png

Dalton_Ruer_6-1620239013155.png