cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cant add formulas/expressions within the diagram view

I can add any formulas within the diagram view. I could do this before but now my Qlikview desktop is freezing up when I'm trying to type new expressions.

Qlik.PNG

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Close QlikView, go to: C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView and rename the settings.ini (QlikView creates a new one and the renamed one will be your backup) and starting QlikView again. Now the expression window should be available again.

- Marcus 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Try deleting the object and start over. 

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have tried as new objekt and tried config an old one but Nothing works.
marcus_sommer

This may happen if the expression-window isn't visible either behind other windows or on the outside of the screen (not seldom within a multi-monitor environment).

- Marcus

Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It’s very usual 😊 But not in this case. Working with one screen and its no hidden “windows”
I have also reinstalled the program but with the same result.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Is it all applications or just this one?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, It's for all current applications and new. When I open an old expression it's the same thing. Qlikview freezes and I have to press escape.

marcus_sommer

Close QlikView, go to: C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView and rename the settings.ini (QlikView creates a new one and the renamed one will be your backup) and starting QlikView again. Now the expression window should be available again.

- Marcus 

Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I don't have that folder (Appdata) under my user folder, maybe the folder is located under the user/admin folder. I have to get hold of out IT support to test that solution.
marcus_sommer

This folder (and a lot of other ones) may be hidden by the OS default-settings but you could show them. Go within the windows-explorer to menu/view/options and there are many options which folders are visible and if file-extensions are displayed and so on.

- Marcus