Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change language in Section access User Identification screen

Hi,

I'm interested in changing the language of the section access User Identification (enter user & password) screen - layout and buttons.

At the moment the screen's default language is in English and I'm interested in changing it to my native language Hebrew, for future non English readers.

User Identification.JPG

How do i do so?

evya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Evya,

If you use plugin, as well as Desktop, you can change the UI language without reinstalling: go to the menu Settings, User Preferences, and click on the button "Change Interface Language...". You will then need to close IE or Desktop and open it again, and it should show all dialogs in the chosen language.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

EDIT: I don't see Hebrew as a natively supported language in QlikView (I don't mean the installation language but the application language). You better contact your QlikView account manager or partner manager to clarify whether or not there is a Hebrew version available -I might be wrong.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Evya,

Try installing the QlikView Desktop in a different language than English (the default), and that the Windows operating system local settings are set to Hebrew. Note that QlikView Server interface is not localizable for the time being.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel and Thanks..

My OS is set on both Hebrew and English, so maybe i need to set Hebrew as the main language?

Regarding the other option, I will try that the next time i will have since i dont think i will install the software again for the matter of that.

Besides, maybe its an option worth thinking of - simplifying text boxes languages?

Thanks.

Evya

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Evya,

If you use plugin, as well as Desktop, you can change the UI language without reinstalling: go to the menu Settings, User Preferences, and click on the button "Change Interface Language...". You will then need to close IE or Desktop and open it again, and it should show all dialogs in the chosen language.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

EDIT: I don't see Hebrew as a natively supported language in QlikView (I don't mean the installation language but the application language). You better contact your QlikView account manager or partner manager to clarify whether or not there is a Hebrew version available -I might be wrong.

Not applicable
Author

Hi again Miguel,

Tried out your idea. it works. but as you stated Hebrew is not among the applicable languages.

I will contact the local Qlikview representative regarding that.

Thank you very much!

Evya