cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anojnira
Contributor II
Contributor II

Changing QVS Setting Cons ?

There is a setting that can be added to Settings.ini, which will force a copy of the pgo files to be created in xml.  This allows pgo license data to be read in real-time and it works on QlikView 10 and 11.

1. Stop QlikView Services
  2. Edit the QlikView Server’s Settings.ini file.Locate Settings.ini C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and add the following entry under the[Settings 7] node:  PgoAsXmlAlso=1
  3. Start Services. Load pgo.xml into QlikView.

What are Cons in doing this change ???

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No Cons.

But if you don't need it, don't enable it. If you still do, it will only create more garbage files on your server.

anojnira
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info.

I need access to CalData.pgo to get the cal usage information .
is there any workaround for this ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could talk to the QMS API, which contains live data about various usage details, service states and also allows you to create, delete and otherwise manipulate assignments and such.

But for that to work out, you'll need programming skills.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A third option consists of reading the various QlikView logs. While bulky and not always very consistent, at least you'll have an idea of CAL assignment history.

anojnira
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Peter,

I have already Tried using the logs, The results are close to accurate but not precise as you said.
This does not work for me on the longer run. That was reason I started looking into the "Caldata" File.

I will check out your previous suggestion on QMS API, and see what i can come up with .

Thank you for your time