Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFanatic
Creator
Creator

Chart - assistance with expression

Good day, I'm attaching a really simple sample so as not to step on toes :).

In my Excel file I have records for 3 people, for the last 3 days - if they've paid any accounts or not on that particular day.

Eventually I want my chart ONLY to display people that have NOT paid any accounts - for ALL 3 days. 

I'm battling with the syntax of the chart. Please if you may assist.

1. What I'm trying to do is set an indicator, per Person - of 1 or 0 so that I can visually see whom I'd like to interrogate further - in this instance I would like to speak with Joe (all 3 days add up to 0). He's in trouble, LOL.

What does my expression need to look like?

2. Once this is correct - I want to fire an Nprinting report for our Accounts Dept to follow up with these Non Payers only - ( Joe). So ideally I want to set some variable to 'Yes' or 'No' if there are ANY people who didnt pay accounts. If everyone has paid within the last 3 days, I'm happy and dont want to fire the report.

I cannot get this variable right either.

Would appreciate some assistance here, as I've got a requirement for something similar.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
AR_Gonza_2107
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi ! 

Maybe you could try using a flag instead of a variable; if your data will always be related to the last 3 days, could be something like:

FACT:  
LOAD
    Person,
    Date#(Date, 'DD/MM/YYYY') as Date,
    Accounts_Paid,
    [Within last 3 days]
FROM .xls;

Flag_solution:
NOCONCATENATE LOAD
    Person,
    IF(SUM (Accounts_Paid) > 0, 1, 0) AS FLAG_PAID //you will be interested in the zero values
RESIDENT FACT
GROUP BY Person;
DROP TABLE FACT;

QFanatic
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I will have other days outside of the 3 days scope as well.