Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart with 2 Y axis - X axis in unexpected position

Hi All,

I've created a combo chart to show absolute values in bars and percentage change as a line. Two separate Y axes - one for the absolute and one for the percentage. Percentage can be negative as well as positive, absolutes positive only in the range of 0 - 500,000.

When the chart is displayed the absolute values axis is very compressed at the top of the chart, moving the X axis right up:

Chart example.png

(I know it's not in the image above, but there is an axis of the right of 0 at the X to 100% at the bottom right, in 20% increments),

Is there anyway of forcing the X-axis to be at the centre of the chart so that the absoulute values are more readable?

Thanks,

Rory.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can set a static min and max for each expression. Set the static max for your bar chart expression to be higher. You can either use a static value, or an expression such as =max(myvalue) + 1000

2014-01-02_13h26_46.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the suggestion, but all that did was change the y-axis values above the X-axis. It didn't move the x-axis down towards the centre of the chart at all.

Thanks,

Rory.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rory

I guess that on your Chart Axes tab you have the Split Axis selected.

Just below this is the Primary %, have you tried adjusting this ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

I just tried it with some test data and it looks fine. Can you compare your solution with mine to see where the difference is? See qvw attached.

2014-01-02_14h09_58.png

Not applicable
Author

btw I get the same result if I use very large numbers up to 500,000

2014-01-02_14h15_25.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Kai,

I can reproduce this when using a mixed sign value range for one expression.

Check attached.

Not applicable
Author

OK.... so I attached my laptop to a projector and it then fixed itself. Not sure if it was just a display bug or a dashboard refresh issue. Very strange.

So anyway, fixed now, but thank you for the suggestions everyone!

Not applicable
Author

Ouch. Looks horrible.

prasannarc_jbs2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear Folks,

I am also having the same problem with the Scale when the chart is a showing 2 KPI with two axis.

Currently my chart is looking like this, The scale inside chart becomes illegible for few selections

Query1.0.png

If I use the Static Max property it works good for some of the selections but not for all, Below first screenshot if I deselect forced 0 property for both the expression.

Query.png

Is there any other way to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

PRC