Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check if a value exists in a column

Hello,

I am using the OSUser() function to determine whether a user can see specific objects in my QV app. I have an inline script loading a field called SupervisorNTName which contains the AD account names for Supervisors that I want to be able to see specific objects, whereas others cannot.

How can I write a conditional statement that checks whether the current OSUser() value exists within the SupervisorNTName column?

Thanks,

Sal

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Something like the following should work:

if(match(OSUser(), $(=concat(distinct chr(39) & SupervisorNTName & chr(39),','))), 1, 0)

Explanation: match() checks if OSUser() is in any of the values returned by the concat() function.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicole,

How can I modify that expression to work regardless of what values are selected for SupervisorNTName?

Nicole-Smith

You can add a 1 to the set analysis to tell it to ignore all selections:

if(match(OSUser(), $(=concat({1}distinct chr(39) & SupervisorNTName & chr(39),','))), 1, 0)

hytown2000
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I just did something very similar, there is a simple way to check if value exists in a field or not, FieldIndex(OSUser, SupervisorNTName), if exists, it returns the load order, else returns 0. You may need to remove the domain from OSUser().