Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Circulor loop

Hi all,i want to create data model which already having circulor loop reference but i want to solve it with out using " rename,Qualify,link table" its possible ,please let me know

5 Replies
richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Uday,

Circular loops within data happens when you can follow the path from a starting table and back again via the other tables (at least three) in your qvw.

Tables are linked by common field names and can be broken using the methods you mentioned or by linking / concatenating tables together logically.

Richard

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Is this an interview question Uday?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricchard ,yes one interviewr ask this ,i replied we use concatination ,but he says its not work ,,,any possiblities her ..? Please reply

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I would stop the circular reference if you concatenated the tables. If you had three tables and concatenated them together you'd have one table, therefore no circular loop.

It really depends on your data and what works best. Concatenation is typically for FACT tables. Joins are normally for reference / dimension tables - generally speaking.

Renaming fields, dropping or the use of qualify (same as renaming) will also stop circular loops be breaking the links. Again, how you would solve the issue would depend on your data. You wouldn't for instance drop a field you needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can avoid circular loops by joining two tables other techniques u have mentioned which you do not wish to use...if you join multiple tables..they become one.hence removes the linking and circular loop.