cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruchitsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Clear up CAL if a user has not accessed the document in last 60 days

Hello! Is there a way to clear up CALs by removing users from a document if they have not accessed the document in last 60 days? Thanks!

3 Replies
CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Not sure if I get your question. If it's a document CAL You just have to remove the user from 'User Documents', or if it's a named CAL go to the 'Assigned CALs' section under settings and QV server.

Hope that helps,

Carlos

ruchitsharma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the response, Carlos. The issue is we have many users who do not access a document for months and to free up licenses, we have to go in and manually remove them from Document CALs under User Document. I am wondering if there is a tool or if we can set up a job which can loop through all the documents and delete users based on a rule that a user has not accessed it in last 'x' number of days. We can then use it as a company wide policy so users would not come back after 6 months and say they are not able to open up a dashboard and are getting 'no CAL assigned' error.

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ruchit,

Well, there are many Dashboards out there that you can use them to manage Qlik licenses but they do not have any feature to delete them. I heard about QlikView power tools and not sure if there is something to clear up licenses unused.

Carlos