Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

'Client initiates refresh' is consuming large amounts of memory

We are running QlikView 8.5.2 and have a very large QV model. There is a batch process that reloads the data in the background, and then the user can choose whether to refresh their model. The reason for this is that the refresh takes a long time and was occurring whenever users turn to QV. If multiple users haven't refreshed for a while, then we become dangerously close to running out of memory.

Is anybody able to suggest a way to:

a) Prompt the user every 30 minutes after they've declined the refresh of a model

b) Force the refresh of a model after, say, 3 hours since the last refresh

The main problem I've run into when looking at scripting this, is that as far as I can tell, a macro only runs once a user interacts with QlikView. This would cause issues if a user loaded a model and then left QlikView minimised all day - I don't know how a refresh could be forced unless I resorted to the 'Server performs the refresh automatically' option.

Sorry for the wordy question. If anybody has any advice that would be fantastic.

- Matt

0 Replies