Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Colours in legend for the same dimension values

Hi All

I have a bar chart in which i'm comparing the current month data, to the previous month data using two expressions

and two dimensions

I have Legend as follows what i want

all the countries should have same colours in comparision with previous month

if one country is green in colour in current month it should be the same colour in previous month

18 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Did u Got u r desire output johncena

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Not applicable
Author

No harish

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Can you post your sample app and mention u r requirement?? 

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi John,

Hirish's example works for me. My example wouldn't add anything.

Can you post your example qvw to help us understanding why it's not working for you?

BTW, I edited my orginal reply to show how to handle more than 18 (number of colors on the pallete) values.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob its working fine for me Thank you so much

I have created a legend (dummy legend) as below this legend is a chart(with suppressed expressions ) and how can i show the same colours in the below dummy legend for the same countries in the above chart

Not applicable
Author

Rob

One of the toughest requirement is, comparing the top n values in current period to the same top n values in the previous period and pre previous period can you please help us in this

The easiest way to achive and the logical way.

Regards

John

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

John,

You can use the same background color expression in your dummy legend / straight table.

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi John,

As comparing Top n over periods seems like an entirely new question, I suggest you start a new thread on that question. And close this thread (by marking something correct) if the color question is answered.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author