Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
On May 18th at 10AM EDT we will answer your QlikView questions live. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breukelaarj
Contributor
Contributor

Comparative analysis

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some pointers to resolve a problem I'm facing.

I have attached a qvw with some data. A filter is already placed. In this model I'm loading approval flow information on a  daily basis from our system. My client wants to know in what way their flows are adjusted over x period of time. To that end I load the entire structure and give it an EXPORTDATE each day.

In the model the data of the 16th of Feb are the same for both EXPORTDATE entries. The 17th though two rows were removed from the source system.

What I imagine is that I create two listboxes for EXPORTDATE, each with its own state. What I then need is a chart that lists me those rows that are not the same. meaning exist in one set and not in the other. Rows can be added or deleted, but also modified. To that end on each relevant level of my data I capture the lastmodified date. So also if 1, 2 or all 3 lastmodified dates no not match (compared to the STEP_UUID) then also there is a difference. With Business Objects you can have two sets of data and it will highlight the difference for you, but with Qlikview I cannot seem to get it to work. Possibly set analysis with some operator is needed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Johan Breukelaar

0 Replies