Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing Associated with Non-Associ​ated Values

Hello,

We have a business requirement, where we need to compare associated values with non-associated values. Can you please help me to get this done in qlikview. Attached Test.qvw with the sample data. Please note that, the actual data is having 1 Million Rows in table.

Here is the Usecase:

1. In Attached file data represents Various companies and their employee count from different countries. This data has been shown as pivot table as company as primary dimension, country as second dimension and Sum of Employees expression as Employee count.

2. Presently, If we select any country, because of the data associativity pivot table data will be shown all the companies associated with the selected country and only the selected country and its employee count.

But our requirement is when we select any country, all the companies which are having branches in this country has to be display as primary dimension. And Secondary dimension should display the selected country along with that the companies which are having highest employee count(Non Associated) for that particular company and country.

Let say if we select India as country, then below output is expecting from the attached qvw. 

CompanyCountryEmployee Count
FacebookAfrica6500
SAmerica6500
Canada5500
India500
GoogleEurope10000
Samerica8500
Africa7500
India2000
InfosysSamerica4500
Japan4000
Africa3500
India15000
MicrosoftUS5000
China1500
India1000
6 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

This can be easily done by using total qualifier in your expression.

for example: count(Total <Country> Employee)

HTH

Sushil

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Play with p()/e(). Though I could not really get your point, but

May be like: =Sum({<Company=p(Company),Country=p({1<Company=p(Company)>}Country)>}Employees)

PFA

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Like this.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

In this case, I need to get top 3 countries along with selected country in dimension. Total and All will be working when we need to aggregate the values for particular dimension... I have tried that option, but its not working...

Thanks,

Ram

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for Similar output . But I just need to get Top 3 Countries having highest employee count other than the selected country.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for Similar output . But I just need to get Top 3 Countries having highest employee count other than the selected country.