Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparison between Expressions

Hi,

I've got a Pivot table with the years on the X-axe, the months on the Y-Axe and the invoiced amount for month/year in the values.

I'd like to inser a column which indicates the increase/decrease invoiced percentage between two periods (e.g. May 2013 vs. May 2012, but I'm not able to do it.

Could anyone help me, please?

Thank.

Nick.

P.S.: I attach the qwv file at the current status and the Excel file containing what I'd like.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Please find the attachment.Hope it will work.

Year performance.JPG

There are two exp i have taken.If u want to compair please batter to take year as exp not dimension.

Current Year = Sum({<Year={$(vMaxYear)}>}Amount)

Last Year = Sum({<Year={$((=vMaxYear-1) }>}Amount)

Please check the qvw.

Regards-Bika

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the replay, but I have to give the choice to select the years by the user (for example an user can choose 2011, 2010 and 2009), so the numer of colums can't be fixed at design time, but only at run-time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Here comparison between two periods (Current Year / Last Year).

Current Year(2013) means Max Year in your data.If user is going to select LastYear(2012),then chart will show 2012 is current Year and 2011 is Last Year.

In a listbox take Year field.user can select any Year.Accordingly chart will change.

If u want to show more year,then u need to take Year as dimension.then no need to fix columns design time.

Year performance 1.JPG

Regards-Bika

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, the second one is what I’d like to do.

Maybe my first example was too simple to understand what I need. I’ll attach a new one more complex: the problem is that I'm not able to calculate the increase/descrease for every year.

Hope it’s clear now.

Thank you very much.

Nick.