Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Composite Server

Please help me with some technical contact who can help in answering the below

queries.

1. Can QlikView connect to Composite server? Is there any

usecase available? Please share sample solution architecture, its limitation

etc.

2. QV data blending with Hadoop/No SQL/Hive + Oracle Exadata

3. Any

limitation on QlikView connecting to Oracle Exadata

2 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Contact with your account manager in qlik.

Perhaps he is the right person to answer this.

Regards

ASHFAQ

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

For common data sources check out this link which will give you some use cases and confirmation of support.

QlikView Data Sources | Qlik

With regards to Composite, the last time i worked with Composite Information Server I was using Cognos and at the time Composite published an ODBC driver that other tools can leverage to query the content in CIS.  If still available ODBC  is likely the easiest method to connect from QlikView since Qlik supports ODBC out of box.

In the link above you will see support for hadoop (check cloudera, hortonworks etc...)   Oracle is also common , typically ODBC/OLDEB data soruces but there are many flavors of Oracle. Note that Qlik released a hyperion connector (also oracle) recently.

Qlik does full ETL to combine , ingest and integrate multiple sources of data into unified data models that provide excellent performance for analysis and data discovery. This is far more powerful and flexible than 'data blending' which typically refers to some mix of query federation and light etl.   There is absolutely no limitation on the # of data sources , different types that you can model together in QLIK. The users queries are taken off the source data sources relieving them of what would be a performance nightmare .    Most data models in QLIK run around 1-50 million records (ballpark).  Outliers will be over 100 million records in which case you'll want a server to host the data model centrally to maintain speed for the users.