Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

Composite key

Dear Qlikview community,

When I change 4 keys into 1 composite key in qlikview script do I have still access to each original key individually from for example the Dashbord (as selection fields used as dimentions)? .

I want to create the composite key in order to remove a synthetic Table added by qlikview.

Thank you,

Abdallah

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Anil

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

I checked the composite key value I found repeated value. Do you know how to fix that?

Also, do I have to drop the fields I used to create the composite key?

Thanks,

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I wonder, How you get repeated value. Can you show the image

Do you have Link Table? If so, You can use DROP statement

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Autonumber.bmp

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In the image above, CodesKeyNumber = 1 and CodesKeyNumber = 2 is repeated.

1- SOUFRE

1- A.P.54%

and

2- Ammoniac

2- A.P.Total

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

23 and 24 codes as well:

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You should look Row level? What is the problem with 23 and 24 and left of ??

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is CodesKeyNumber an autonumbered version of CodesKey? It seems that the autoumbering is ignoring leading or trailing dashes, so --1-2 and 1-2-- get the same number. I suggest that you change dashes to pipes:  ||1|2 and 1|2||.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein