Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Expression

Hello,

I have a straight table where I want to put a condition on 4 of the expressions to say if these month are selected then show. I am able to do it for if just one month is showing i.e (Month=1) however I want to say if Month=(1,2,3) then show.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Try the below expression in condition

=if(GetFieldSelections(Month)=1 and GetFieldSelections(Month)=2 and GetFieldSelections(Month)=3, 1, 0)

Thank you

Vardhan

View solution in original post

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try getfieldselections() and/or getfieldselectionscount() to read or count the current selections.

- Marcus

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

=if(GetFieldSelections(Months)=1 or GetFieldSelections(Months)=2 or GetFieldSelections(Months)=3,Year,Week)

something like this can help you .

Not applicable
Author

Neither of these work but thanks

marcus_sommer

Try it again - generally it will work. Perhaps you could also use a simple count-function about the month: if(count(distinct Month) = 3, true(), false())

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Try the below expression in condition

=if(GetFieldSelections(Month)=1 and GetFieldSelections(Month)=2 and GetFieldSelections(Month)=3, 1, 0)

Thank you

Vardhan

luis_pimentel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That would work with ORs instead of ANDs.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You want this condition for whole chart/table or for particular some field or expression?

For whole Chart/Table use below in

Layout

Show - Condition

Month = 1 or Month = 2 or Month = 3

Or Try Below

=GetFieldSelections(Month) = 1 or GetFieldSelections(Month) = 2 or GetFieldSelections(Month) = 3

For Particular Expression...

Try as below

=IF(GetFieldSelections(Month) = 1 or GetFieldSelections(Month) = 2 or GetFieldSelections(Month) = 3,  SUM(Sales)))

Not applicable
Author

Anna,

If you want the months 1, 2 and 3 to be selected to perform an action, you may simply do:

if( substringcount( concat(distinct Month, ','), '1,2,3') =1, your action or everything you want)

Concat() will create a string. Substringcount() will return 1 if OK, 0 if it does not find (in fact, this function returns the number of times it finds the expression)

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

Vardhan A Thank You this works.

However I also want it to show if all 3 are selected can I do that in the same condition?