Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Layout Unresponsive

Is anyone else having issues with variables in conditional layout on Access Point lately?  I have several variables that I use for conditional layouts that work fine on my desktop version, but as soon as they are displayed on Access Point they don't work.  For example, if I have an Action set to change a variable from 1 to 0 and a text object set to show only when the variable equals 1, the Action will correctly set the variable to 0 but the text object will still be visible until you click on it.

It is almost like a lag, but it is severely affecting user experience.  This is occuring in all my applications regardless of size.  We just updated to QlikView 11.2 SR5 but the problem persists.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca,

I'm having a similar problem! It's really odd, the variable is changing but the conditional display setting isn't working even though it use to work find (dektop and via Access Point).

I'm still trying to troubleshoot it. Good luck!

Best Regards,

Charles

QlikView 64-bit Edition (x64) Version 11.20.12235.0409 SR5

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64 bit edition) OS Version 6.1.7601

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can only tell that it works fine for me in 11.20 SR5 and SR3.

Not applicable
Author

Very strange. I will submit it to QlikView and let you know what I find out.

Thanks for checking.

Not applicable
Author

Charles - I am also noticing it occurring in Desktop as well.  I will submit it to QlikTech and see what they say.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Rebecca,

I have never used Access Point, but have you checked to see if how the object is layered is having a part to play in it.

2014-01-27_2052.png

I have had issues before (Desktop) where Charts would not render correctly unless I clicked on them and then they would be fine, and each time I changed how I had layered the object, my problem went away!!

I have no idea if that will solve it, but check and you can rule it out

Regards

Alan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca,

My issue got resolved with assistance from John Houston at QlikView SA.

Go to Documents Properties > Security and deselect Show All Sheets and Objects.

Worked like a charm!

Hope it helps=)

Charles

Not applicable
Author

Mine was already deselected. Darn... thanks though!

Alan- I will have to try changing the layering and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip.