Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional ODBC selection in script

Hi guys,

I need to load my data from 2 different datasources by made of an external flag; I wrote an external TXT file where I stored a number which indicates the firm.

My external Ditta.txt file contains only:

SET Ditta=0;

or

SET Ditta=1;

In the script I used;

$(include=Ditta.txt);

So I have the value 0 for the first firm or the value 1 for the second one in the variable Ditta and then I need to use it to redirect the ODBC, but I'm not able to do it.

Can someone help me, please?

Thanks.

N.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

IF $(Ditta) = 0 THEN

Connection String for Ditta=0 // ODBC .....

ELSE

Connection String for Ditta=1 // ODBC .....

ENDIF

Edit : corrected syntax

View solution in original post

6 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

IF $(Ditta) = 0 THEN

Set vConnect = 'Your 0 connection string';

ELSE

Set vConnect = 'Your 1 connection string';

END

ODBC CONNECT TO $(vConnect);

jonathandienst

Rather than using the include file to set a flag, followed by logic in the model to interpret the flag, why not simplify things by putting the connection string in the include file instead (one per include file)?

Oh, and I would use must_include instead of include, so that a missing include file causes an error in the correct place, rather some obscure later error caused by the missing include file.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Kushal_Chawda

IF $(Ditta) = 0 THEN

Connection String for Ditta=0 // ODBC .....

ELSE

Connection String for Ditta=1 // ODBC .....

ENDIF

Edit : corrected syntax

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply; closing the instruction with END it returns a syntax error; I used ENDIF and it works properly 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the suggestion; I have to make a little modification to my scripts to apply everywhere!!

Kushal_Chawda

Yeah, that was syntax error. Btw, I have edited my response. Thanks for marking it as correct.