Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional sum depending on Todays date

Hi all

I've a problem with an expression in my Pivot table.

My data consists of app. 10.000 student applications in each of the years 2010, 2011 and 2012 handed in between 1. February and 7. July and app. 100 applications in 2013 handed in between 1. February and todays date (6. February). Each datarow has a record of which date the application was handed in.  

In my table I want to show the difference of the accumulated sum of this years recieved applications so far (being 2013 1. February to 6. February today, 1. February to 7. February tomorrow an so on) compared to the accumulated sum the same period last year (being 2012 1. February to 6. February today, 1. February to 7. February tomorrow etc.).

In my editor I made the following new variable:

DayNumberOfYear(Date of Enrollment)-DayNumberOfYear(Today()) as Difference_DoE_Today,          

And in my expression I have written:

=count( {<Difference_DoE_Today={'<1'} >} StudenID)  

But I can't seem to get it rigth.

Furthermore it also I cannot seem to hide 2010 and 2011 since I only want this year compared to last year no matter wat the user have selected in years.

Is this possible? (it probably is )

Cheers

Bruno

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What do You mean new variable? You are calculating new field in script?

Could you post Table View of your file?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pari Pari

Thanks for your reply, I've been working on another solution to the problem and found it eventually. Therefore I'm in no more need for help on this on

Cheers Bruno