Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditionally displaying information

Hi,

I would like to know if we can achieve this function in Qlikview.

Currently, there's a bar graph showing sales by year. Horizontal axis is the year, and volume of total sales (sum of 4 quarters) is displayed by the height of the bars. Now, if I click on a specific year, say 2009, I want the bar graph to expand so that it displays the sales of 4 quarters of 2009 - ie. 4 bars representing a quarter respectively. When I clear, I go back to the yearly (original graph), but if I click on a specific year, I see the 4 quarters of that year. Is there a way to conditionally display that information?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ryanhicks
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes You can do this.   You need to create a Drill group.

To do this go to the dimensions tab of a chart and select "Edit Groups"--"New...". 

Then name your group and add the fields to the "Used Fields" list.  for your example it would be Year and Quarter.  you could go down even farther if need be (e.g. month, day).

Then use this new group as your dimension, and the functionality you described will be there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ryanhicks
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes You can do this.   You need to create a Drill group.

To do this go to the dimensions tab of a chart and select "Edit Groups"--"New...". 

Then name your group and add the fields to the "Used Fields" list.  for your example it would be Year and Quarter.  you could go down even farther if need be (e.g. month, day).

Then use this new group as your dimension, and the functionality you described will be there.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, it worked!

Not applicable
Author

Hello!

You can try creating a drill down group, were Year and Quarter are the dimensions, so when you select 2009 (in the chart) you get the 4 quarters
Here is an example:

Create a drill down group

Drill Down Grp.JPG

Then use it as a dimension:

Year Chart.JPG

And when you double click in an Year, it takes you to the next level (Quarter Year)Quarter Chart.JPG

Let me know if this helped
Regards.

Pablo