Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect field with integer and date value

Hi everyone,

I would like to connect somehow field with numeric and date value. I have table that containig integer value of business plan per month (like on the picture below), and date field in QlikView that containing month value like ('jan','feb','mar','apr'...) (picture 2)

1.png

1.png

What I want is if current month is may to load only value of January, February, March, April and May or to control this through expression?

Second request (more important for me) is when user click on month to show him only value from January (1000), and if usere click on january and April to show him January + April (1000 + 2500)?

Has someone done something similar?

Any advice is appriciated

Tnx

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

why don't you simply rename your source headers or you can take left(field,3)

Not applicable
Author

I think you are best to load the entire dataset and only sow the information you require. From looking at your example, perhaps the use of the crosstab feature should allow you to load the data into a more appropriate, usable format for linking.

Once done, link the columns by renaming the fields.

your second, more important request can then be done by inserting into a textbox =sum(Amount), which because of the magic of qlikview will only show the results you select (or all if none are selected)

Not applicable
Author

Actually table with business plan value is in Navision, I make this only to explain better.

Not applicable
Author

Tnx Rick,

I will try to solve my problem like you've explained me