Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connection String Failure for SQL DB

Hi Folks,

I am facing problem while pulling data from SQL DB.

It is showing me test connection successful but throws an error after clicking on OK.

PFA for Error Massage.

Thanks.

- Yojas

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Test connection only checks whether the RDBMS can be reached.

You're trying to access a SQL Server instance with an account that belongs to a different domain than the one in which SQL server resides, and the two domains do NOT have a trust relationship (they don't trust each other at face value). You can have that when on the QVS-machine you try to login into SQL server from a local machine domain.

Use a different account, or talk to your Admin about trusted domains.

Peter

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Hi

if you have a sql username and password change to sql authentication

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Can you please elaborate your point because I am in the LAN network and able to pull one DB from Sql and facing problem for the 2nd DB.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Yojas

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo,

Can yes currently I am using username & password for SQL Authentication.

Regards,

Yojas

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Does the 2nd DB reside in the same SQL Server environment, or in a different one?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can you create ODBC connection for SQL Server. If you get successful, then try connecting in QV through ODBC.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably not in the same SQL Server environment, because the second DB can only be entered with a valid Windows Account (Authentication mode=Windows Authentication), while below you say that you are trying to use a SQL Server Account name & password for authentication. DB2 only allows windows users to log in (via SSO) but your domains have to trust each other for this to work.

Talk to your Admin.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can u check if ur QV-machine has SQL 11 client installed on it

and that client has authorization in your SQL Server??

-Shruti