Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II

Consuming Server Memory

Dears,

my servers has 32G memory and every day i have to do restart for the QlikView WebServer  & QlikView Server.

my Q is there is any way to reduce this consuming in automatic way or there is any option to do refresh on the memory it self for the QV Server Option?

or we can perform this in the QVW it self ?

thank you .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i found it ,,, it was no paging pool.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why do you think you need to restart the services? The normal and expected behavior for Qlikview is to use the available ram and not release it again. Documents are kept in memory instead of constantly being purged and then reloaded into memory. There's also a lot of cacheing to prevent recalculations and so keep performance high.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yes I agree with you, but restart this services because some time when i was working in the client app the memory and cpu reach or fully consumed and even when the scheduled  running job start some time the server do restart because the memory was consumed. and guess it consumed because we have a huge QVW so when it run the scheduled job it happened.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i found it ,,, it was no paging pool.