Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Container tab color

Is it possible to use a different color for each container tab? By setting the tab color it sets all tabs to be the same color.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Jessica,

Containers are painful to use. Instead, I strongly recommend creating custom tabs using Textbox object. You can use Variables & Hide/Show property. Also, you can highlight the color based on the user selection. Another benefit is you can always identify the state of the object selection if you use Textbox approach and this is not possible in Container object.

I've made a video tutorial on my blog. Please check this link:

http://qlikshare.com/179/

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes. Container Properties > Presentation > Color

Not applicable
Author

That sets all the tabs to be the same color. I need a different color for each tab...or am I missing something in your response?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Jessica,

Containers are painful to use. Instead, I strongly recommend creating custom tabs using Textbox object. You can use Variables & Hide/Show property. Also, you can highlight the color based on the user selection. Another benefit is you can always identify the state of the object selection if you use Textbox approach and this is not possible in Container object.

I've made a video tutorial on my blog. Please check this link:

http://qlikshare.com/179/

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to change the color of the container text when its active and when its inactive change it to some other color.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not possible. That's why I've recommended using Textbox approach. Please see the video on my blog.

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV