Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Continuous Date Bar Chart with Null Value Date & Filtered

Is there a combination of setting where you can have a continuous date chart that shows 'gaps' in data (as below)

Chart Unfiltered.PNG

But when you filter to say year 2015 & 2016, the axis will be limited to 2015 & 2016 but the data gap will still show?  I currently can only get to the visual below where the years filtered out are still present in the chart.  If I uncheck "Show All Values" on the dimension I lose the data gaps.

Chart Filtered.PNG

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to see the issue?

Not applicable
Author

The images in the original post show the issue.  In the second image I have filtered the data to 2015 and 2016, but there are still 2012-2014 dates in the axis.  I do not what these dates show, but I still want Oct 2015 (the month with no data) to still show because it still falls within the filter selection criteria.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Use Your Dimension like

Date(Floor(DateField,'MMM-YYYY'))

OR

Date(Date#(DateField,'YourFormat'),'MMM-YYYY')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Using the expression for FLOOR() displayed only the first few months of 2012 where there was no data.  With the second solution my date is already in a date format.  I don't see how this would change the axis.

sunny_talwar

I meant if you can share QVW file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Only line chart can keep the data gaps continuity irrespective of period gaps..

If you uncheck show all fields, you can see the selections affected on graph...and to keep the gap ,you should get values with '0' in those periods.